Addiction

Posted by sourpatchbaby | 4/25/2007 | , , | 9 comments »

I have to come out and say it. I can't hide it any longer and besides, Katie's been wanting to laugh and point fingers at me.

My mother is an addict. Not illegal drugs, mind you. She's addicted to prescription pills. It's disgusting, really. Her nightstand is full of Tylenol PM, Excedrin, Nyquil, Fioricet, and a whole host of other stuff that I can't pronounce much less spell. She excuses herself saying that she suffers from migraines to take her medicine, but it's not true. There's nothing mores icky nasty than having your mother call you and try to talk to you all highey. You can't understand a word she says. Thankfully, I don't live anywhere near her so I don't have to put up with it. But my brothers are still living at home, the youngest one being like 8 or so. And they have to live with it. I wish that I could bring them to live with me to save them from their living conditions but I can't afford to have them with me, and we don't have a very large house that we can put up three kids (two of them teens) in it.

9 comments

  1. The Children's Barn Store // 4:42 PM  

    Jesus. It's so weird to hear about them. Teenagers?! J is EIGHT?! I don't know about you, but I feel so effing old.

    I'd never laugh or point fingers at your fam situation. I remember how hard you had it with them... how happy I am now that you escaped that.

    They have a hard road ahead of them, but if they're half as strong as you are, they will get through it and thrive on their own.

  2. sourpatchbaby // 5:23 PM  

    Awww, you'll always be my Katiebear! And don't feel old. Remember, she had them kids when we ourselves were kids. So that just means that we're "delightfully experienced." And the whole reason why I posted was so that you WOULD make fun. Why else do you think I blog?

  3. sourpatchbaby // 5:24 PM  

    Plus, it relieves me from knowing that I too, am able to point and make fun (not that I do it, no one around me right now that appreciates my weird sense of humor)

  4. The Children's Barn Store // 5:47 PM  

    Okay, I'll point and laugh, but only because it's your mother.

    The woman who had the grace to make me think my new Spanish names were COW and FAT GIRL.

  5. sourpatchbaby // 8:23 AM  

    She is a gem, that one. Ain't she? But! Don't forget my sister! She blamed you for breaking the shocks in her car while you were sitting in the back seat.....'member? Those were the days.

  6. The Children's Barn Store // 8:56 AM  

    No, I didn't recall that, but I'm not surprised.

    If your apartment building had crumbled to pieces, my ass would have been blamed for it (instead of the giant rat animals living underneath your building, I'm pretty sure they would somehow be to blame).

    I mean, OK, I'm fat. But I'm nowhere near needs to cut a hole out of the side of the trailer to haul her out fat.

    I guess that attitude should be expected from two genetically skinny chicks... who were... just a little crazy...

  7. sourpatchbaby // 10:52 AM  

    Just a little? Just a little? Man, you must not remember them correctly. And I don't think they were giant rat animals. If I remember correctly, they were raccoon/rat/possum hybrids.

  8. The Children's Barn Store // 1:20 PM  

    Yes, I was being nice.

    Scariest things I've ever seen in MY LIFE. That's all I know.

    O, and I transcribed part of my favorite of the videos for you! Go look! And comment! NOW!

  9. sourpatchbaby // 2:00 PM  

    Yes master!