Okay here it goes

Posted by sourpatchbaby | 4/13/2007 | | 6 comments »

My sister was pregnant and found out that she was expecting twins. She was told that one of the twins might be dead/ not growing properly. Then she was told that her pregnancy was very high risk and that she could lose the other baby. Then she lost the babies. This is a very very sad story except that The Hubby, in his customary way of not paying attention to what I tell him got things so screwed up, that he told our friends my sister was going to have half a twin. Which is just one baby. Which was hilarious when he said it because to this day he still doesn't get the fact that one of the babies was hiding behind the other one and that's why they couldn't tell things properly the first time. And it's funny because he was trying to explain how there was a maybe baby hiding behind a maybe not baby that was not babyshaped and not quite sure if it was true but maybe not. Which makes me sad because I wanted to see the babies. And it makes me even more sad that my sister's going through this process since it is painful to lose a baby whether it's in utero or outside.

6 comments

  1. The Children's Barn Store // 8:52 AM  

    "The Hubby, in his customary way of not paying attention to what I tell him got things so screwed up, that he told our friends my sister was going to have half a twin. Which is just one baby."

    Funny, cause I read that as half of a twin baby. Literally, half of a baby.

  2. The Children's Barn Store // 8:54 AM  

    And, on a more appropriate note, I am also sad over D's loss. I've had friends that have gone through similar things, and it wasn't easy on them.

  3. sourpatchbaby // 5:08 PM  

    I think that our friends actually heard that too. half of a twin baby, like you could give birth to half a child. No thanks, mate...I'll just give birth to a set of arms and a torso. I don't feel like giving birth to a head....

  4. The Children's Barn Store // 7:50 AM  

    That's definitely how it registered in Katie's brain.

  5. sourpatchbaby // 8:10 AM  

    LOL! Katie is either very smart or just odd...

  6. JPP Papa // 10:44 PM  

    sorry if i read this wrong. the other half is ....
    so sorry to hear this. just for info... we're expecting twins too. May GOD bless us with safe delivery and babies healthy. Due on September. ;)