Terrible Two's

Posted by sourpatchbaby | 2/26/2007 | , | 2 comments »

Oh My God. I fear we have entered the T2's. This weekend, well Sunday and Monday morning was hell. I should've known when he woke up on Sat at 6:30am and wanted to ride his bike and forced me to watch him play that something was amiss. But, I didn't heed warning signs. Sunday was one tantrum after another after another after another. I think some of his tantrums were related to his tantrums. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if he'd been older I would've had to bring out the big momma belt. He worked himself into such a state that he ended up napping 2 hours before time and then would not nap at all the rest of the day. He ended up crashing around 8:30pm. I tell you, if there ever was a time to give a child some benadryl or sleepy time medicine, that was it. He's never ever done anything quite like this and it was creepy scary. And then, 5:30am Monday morning. I thought that someone came in the house and killed him he was screaming so hard. I had never heard him scream that loud before and my ears are still ringing. We brought him to our bed just that one time to see if he would go back to sleep. He did go back to sleep, but he kept hitting me and hugging his dad (while sleeping) and I don't mean oh look at that the cute baby tried to hit someone...nooo I mean that he was b*tch slapping me. In his sleep. And he has no idea what that is. He told The Hubby twice on saturday "shuddyup". I don't think he knows what that means since we don't use that kind of language at home. I can only assume that he's getting it from his babysitter's grandchildren. Since those kids are in grade skool, it's very possible he's picking it up from them. To those of you who've gone through the T2's, how did you survive? Did you just stay home the whole time? I have to go to the grocery store and frankly, I'm dreading it.

2 comments

  1. The Children's Barn Store // 8:52 PM  

    Aww... poor fruitcake. You should know that no mother escapes the terrible two's... I may not have kids, but I've been around enough to know that much. Personally, I'm escaping such years by using my wonderful birth control-- my friend's kids. ♥

  2. sourpatchbaby // 8:12 AM  

    Katie my dear, you ARE the terrible two's!