Toy buying

Posted by sourpatchbaby | 12/20/2006 | 1 comments »

Now that it's buy everything time for most of you, it's time to look closely and buy only those toys that are appropriate and safe for little kids. This choosing baby toys website has a very easy to use guide to help choose age appropriate toys. Toy safety is of the utmost importance today what with all the hand me down unsafe toys of yesteryear (yes, that is a real word...I heard it on the radio.) As long as you remember to not buy anything with magnets for small children, you should be okay. Even then, this book is next on my reading list. I definitely don't want to be the cause of any harm to come to The Kid because of ignorance in the safety of the toys out there. Face it, if we were to protect our children from everything out there, we would still have them attached to the umbilical cord and living in a bubble until they're 25. On the other hand, I played with plastic bags and broken glass all the time as a child and look how I turned out.....hm, that may not be the best example. I think that we can all agree that The Kid and YOUR kid need to be kept as safe as possible. And if that means not letting them out of your sight until their honeymoon, so be it.

(paid post....waaaah!)

1 comments

  1. Diana // 3:21 PM  

    wait do you mean I have to cut the cord??? NOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't take my baby!!!!!!
    LOL.
    I have forbidden the purchase of any toys for my son this year. He still has a million put away because they weren't age-appropriate, and get taken out when the time comes.