Fox Den Lane

Posted by sourpatchbaby | 7/23/2007 | , , | 1 comments »

I consider myself to be a crunchy mama, so imagine my surprise when I realized that I don’t have any ring slings. I only used pouch slings with The Kid and have been secretly insanely jealous of all the cool ring sling mamas out there. So naturally I needs to get me a ring sling for this babe. I looked around and found this Baby Slings site that has really cool ring slings. I can totally see me in the Organic cotton sateen sling (second one from the top, first picture). In fact, once I have my diaper stash done I’ll most likely buy one of those. Of course I still need one of their other slings (solarveil and water slings come to mind since this child will be born in the spring and I will get to show off the water sling at all of our summer activities). Of course, what I like the most is the fact that this is a home business so I’m not giving my money to some huge corporation that doesn’t care about customer service. I’ve spoken via email with the owner and he’s as nice as can be. I'm all about supporting the small businesses so I give them my money as much as I can.

Oh, and did I mention that they have the most affordable kiddie slings I could find? And they ship all over the world? AND they take paypal not just your credit card? This is more than most big companies will do. They will be in contact with you if you need any help with your sling size and their return policy is great as well. So, I’m getting The Kid a sling and getting me a couple slings as well. Just need to do my ordering in small amounts and have them ship the packages to my job so that I can sneak the things in the house little by little (otherwise The Hubby will have my head on a silver platter). If you’re in the market for a sling, go check them out.

1 comments

  1. Cat // 12:45 AM  

    I don't know the story on the company, but I have a Maya wrap. I purchased it at an independent maternity shop. I loved it. Baby loved it. I found so many more uses for it than a pouch sling. But that's also my bias, I was never so good with the pouch style.