Agua (water)

Posted by sourpatchbaby | 7/23/2007 | , | 1 comments »

So yesterday The Kid decided that sleep was overrated and did.not.nap. at all. It was hard going there after a while since his body needed it but whatever. When we got home from church it started raining bad so I took him outside to look at the rain since he can't see it very well from inside the house (since the porch railings block his view). He made me get his chair and put it ouside so that he could sit and watch the agua coming down. He also felt the need to let me know that the agua was coming down from above. Once the rain died down he ventured out into the yard and stood around a bit. He also did this one dance that he's been doing lately. It's some sort of jive with a little merengue in it. It also has some bootie shakin' and comes with it's own song that he made up and we can't figure out the words to. He did fall asleep around seven pm so at least I got some respite there. Oh, and he's the sweatiest child I know. We cuddled up a bit in the couch before I took him to bed and (I'd taken his shirt off since I'd given him some corn on the cob) his back was filled with sweat beads within minutes. His whole head was covered in sweat as well.

Goes to show you how the things we take for granted can actually be pretty cool in their own rights. It's been a long time since I stared at the rain falling. To put it in Dr. Seus' words: A person's a person, no matter how small.

1 comments

  1. Creative-Type Dad // 12:33 PM  

    It rained here yesterday (in L.A.) which is rare in the summer, my daughter went crazy for it.

    I found it to be completely entertaining