and the rim went flying down the road

Posted by sourpatchbaby | 4/08/2008 | | 2 comments »

Picture this:

friday night around 10:30pm, I'm coming home from church and am driving in a dark bumpy road.

I'm approaching a red light. It is the only source of light in the whole intersection. I'm slowing down but just before the car comes to a complete stop, I hit a manhole. But not just any manhole, this one is raised above the ground and it is so dark that it's not visible. And I didn't just hit it with the car, only the rim of the car hit it. So, what happened? The rim came off the wheel and went rolling down the intersection and stopped in the middle of the road. Did I stop to pick it up? Heck no! The light turned green and I had sleeping to do.

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // 3:46 PM  

    Did you at least go get it the next day? Your tire is naked now...LOL!
    ~DIANA

  2. Anonymous // 5:33 PM  

    hey, i was reading through a friends blog and clicked on a link and somehow ended up in your blogspot. i have been reading through some of your stories as I have found them interesting. i just wanted to say hello and i look forward to reading more from you soon. from what I read here about you, we would make great friends.
    - from someone too lazy to blog (but maybe i will someday), married female, church (i basically live there)